Getting Started on Your Asset Management Journey
The 3-day training course provides an intensive coverage of the principles and practice of Asset Management. The content is aligned to PAS 55, ISO 55000 and to the Institute of Asset Management’s (IAM) Competences Framework, with a view to preparing students to pass the IAM Certificate Principles of Asset Management examination. The integration of asset whole life cycle management, linked to the broader business vision and strategy of the organization is stressed throughout.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Contribute to generation and implementation of AM policy, strategy, objectives and plans.
- Participate in asset-related risk identification, analysis and management processes and contingency planning.
- Understand the asset lifecycle and the role of appropriate tools to optimise the performance, risk and cost of assets.
- Identify the information and performance measures needed for effective asset management, and evaluate the effectiveness of asset information systems.
- Understand the financial implications of asset and asset management decisions for the organization, and translate technical issues into business implications.
Participants will also be equipped to take and pass The IAM Certification Examination, which is offered at the end of the workshop.
The course is delivered through three days of interactive classroom teaching, including reinforcing exercises and tests, supported by workplace assignments and directed reading.
The course aligns to PAS 55 and ISO 55000 as well as the IAM’s competency framework, with a view to preparing students to pass the IAM Certificate in Asset Management examination. It also provides a well-rounded competency development and assurance stage for those who already have practical experience, or specialist knowledge, and now seeking a more comprehensive understanding.
- What is asset management?
- Organizational context & stakeholder needs
- Planning and alignment
- Managing over the asset life cycle
- Managing over the asset life cycle continued
- Implementing AM Plans
- Risk management
- Value and risk-informed decision making
- Asset information
- Leadership, structure and change management
- Performance management and continual improvement
- Providing assurance of good asset management
Participants will develop a business-centred appreciation of Asset Management, and will be better able to influence decisions which have AM implications. Additionally, the course is deliberately cross-disciplinary, and should help to foster effective team-working and break down disciplinary silos. Finally, participants will be equipped to take and pass The IAM Certification Examination.
The two-hour IAM Certificate exam is offered on the morning of the fourth day, and is included in this package.
Who should attend?
The course is applicable to experienced engineers and asset management professionals.
View the Deep-Dive Course Outline Here
- 1 student: $2,095.
- 2+ students: $1,895. each*
*Discount applies for students from the same company
Tell us you’re interested in getting IAM certified and send us an email.
Please call our office for information: (917) 554-3444 ext. 101
Interested in learning more about ISO 55000? Check out our dedicated ISO 55000 In-depth Workshop, offered on September 18-19 in Houston, TX!