Getting Started on Your Asset Management Journey
New Public Course Dates Added:
If you are interested in private workshops at your location, send us an email and we will reach back ASAP.
The 3-day IAM Certificate training course provides an intensive coverage of the principles and practice of Asset Management. The content is aligned to PAS 55, ISO 55000 and to the Institute of Asset Management’s (IAM) Competences Framework, with a view to preparing students to pass the IAM Certificate Principles of Asset Management examination. The integration of asset whole life cycle management, linked to the broader business vision and strategy of the organization is stressed throughout.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Contribute to generation and implementation of AM policy, strategy, objectives and plans.
- Participate in asset-related risk identification, analysis and management processes and contingency planning.
- Understand the asset lifecycle and the role of appropriate tools to optimise the performance, risk and cost of assets.
- Identify the information and performance measures needed for effective asset management, and evaluate the effectiveness of asset information systems.
- Understand the financial implications of asset and asset management decisions for the organization, and translate technical issues into business implications.
Participants will also be equipped to take and pass The IAM Certification Examination, which is offered at the end of the workshop.
The course is delivered through three days of interactive classroom teaching, including reinforcing exercises and tests, supported by workplace assignments and directed reading.
The course aligns to PAS 55 and ISO 55000 as well as the IAM’s competency framework, with a view to preparing students to pass the IAM Certificate in Asset Management examination. It also provides a well-rounded competency development and assurance stage for those who already have practical experience, or specialist knowledge, and now seeking a more comprehensive understanding.
- What is asset management?
- Organizational context & stakeholder needs
- Planning and alignment
- Managing over the asset life cycle
- Managing over the asset life cycle continued
- Implementing AM Plans
- Risk management
- Value and risk-informed decision making
- Asset information
- Leadership, structure and change management
- Performance management and continual improvement
- Providing assurance of good asset management
- 2-hour IAM Certificate Exam (9:00 am – 11:00 am)
*must be an IAM member to take the exam and be registered no later than March 1, 2018 to qualify
Participants will develop a business-centred appreciation of Asset Management, and will be better able to influence decisions which have AM implications. Additionally, the course is deliberately cross-disciplinary, and should help to foster effective team-working and break down disciplinary silos. Finally, participants will be equipped to take and pass The IAM Certification Examination.
The two-hour IAM Certificate exam is offered on the morning of the fourth day. You must be a member of the IAM to qualify for the exam and register ahead of time. Additional cost will be assessed by the IAM to register for the exam.
Who should attend?
The course is applicable to experienced engineers and asset management professionals.
Meet the Instructor
Workshop Pricing & Details:
Workshop Pricing: Pricing includes the 3-day workshop, coffee and refreshments throughout the day and a full lunch each day. IAM Certificate Exam given on day 4 is available to IAM members only. Vouchers to take the exam must be purchased directly from the Institute of Asset Management at https://theiam.org/, or we can purchase them for you. As an IAM paying member, the cost is discounted to $140 $USD, otherwise it is $170.
- 1 student: $2,095.
- 2+ students: $1,895. each*
- IAM Certificate Exam: $170 for affiliate members
- IAM Certificate Exam: $140 for corporate or individual paying members
*Discount applies for students from the same company
Tell us you’re interested in getting IAM certified and send us an email.
Please call our office for information: (917) 554-3444 ext. 101
Pick your city to register:
Interested in Running This Workshop Privately in Your Organization? Click Here
Interested in developing your SAMP (Strategic Asset Management Plan) – Go2Learn and TWPL have collaborated to offer a comprehensive opportunity to take your asset management ideas to a comprehensive plan. Email us for more information about running a workshop focused on your SAMP.
Interested in learning more about ISO 55000? Check out our dedicated ISO 55000 In-depth Workshop, offered as a public or private course!
Interested in learning more about asset management? Join us at The Asset Management Ecosystem Conference in Baltimore on April 29-May 2, 2018.