Getting Started on Your Asset Management Journey
Run a Private Workshop at Your Location, attend a “live” virtual classroom, or choose a New Public Workshop or Exam Offering:
If you are interested in private workshops at your location or when our next public workshop is scheduled, send us an email, and we will reach back ASAP.
Are you interested in doing this session as a “live” virtual classroom?
Please send us an email to discuss the possibilities.
Give us a call to discuss. Go2Learn can tailor a program to fit your needs. 917 554-3444
The 3-day IAM Certificate training workshop provides intensive coverage of the principles and practice of Asset Management. The content aligns to PAS 55, ISO 55000, and the Institute of Asset Management’s (IAM) Competences Framework, to prepare students to pass the IAM Certificate Principles of Asset Management examination. The integration of asset whole life cycle management, linked to the broader business vision and strategy of the organization, is stressed throughout the workshop.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Contribute to the generation and implementation of AM policy, strategy, objectives, and plans.
- Participate in asset-related risk identification, analysis, and management processes and contingency planning.
- Understand the asset life-cycle and the role of appropriate tools to optimize the performance, risk, and cost of assets.
- Identify the information and performance measures needed for effective asset management, and evaluate the effectiveness of asset information systems.
- Understand the financial implications of asset and asset management decisions for the organization, and translate technical issues into business implications.
Participants will also be equipped to take and pass the IAM Certification Examination, which is offered at the end of the workshop.
The workshop is delivered through three days of interactive classroom or virtual live teaching, including reinforcing exercises and tests, supported by workplace assignments and directed reading.
The workshop covers the five modules of the IAM Certificate in Asset Management qualification:
- Module 1 – The Principles of Asset Management
- Module 2 – Asset Management Policy, Strategy, Planning
- Module 3 – Managing Asset Life-cycle Decisions and Activities
- Module 4 – Assessing and Managing Asset Management Risks
- Module 5 – The Financial and Business Impact of Asset Management
The workshop aligns with PAS 55 and ISO 55000 as well as the IAM’s competency framework, to prepare students to pass the IAM Certificate in Asset Management examination. It also provides a well-rounded competency development and assurance stage for those who already have practical experience or specialist knowledge, and are now seeking a more comprehensive understanding.
- What is asset management?
- Organizational context & stakeholder needs
- Planning and alignment
- Managing over the asset life cycle
- Operating over the asset life-cycle, continued
- Implementing AM plans
- Risk management
- Value and risk-informed decision making
- Asset information
- Leadership, structure, and change management
- Performance management and continual improvement
- Providing assurance of proper asset management
- Attendees may choose to sit for the IAM Exam which is scheduled at any time at a Pearson Vue testing facility
Participants will develop a business-centered appreciation of Asset Management and will be better able to influence decisions that have AM implications. Additionally, the course is deliberately cross-disciplinary and should help to foster effective team-working and break down disciplinary silos. Finally, participants will be equipped to take and pass the IAM Certification Examination.
The two-hour IAM Certificate exam is offered at any Pearson Vue exam venue.
Who should attend?
The course applies to experienced engineers and asset management professionals and all asset stakeholders.
Workshop Pricing & Details:
Public Live-Virtual Workshop Pricing: Pricing includes the 20-hour workshop.
IAM Certificate Exam is available at any Pearson Vue Exam Location.
- Call for details: 917 554-3444
*Discount applies for multiple students from the same company
Private Live-Virtual Workshop Pricing: Private training can be offered at considerable discounts from public training, and the messaging can be tailored toward your specific needs or requirements. Call us today to discuss this option.
- Tell us you’re interested in getting IAM certified and send us an email.
- Please call our office for information: (917) 554-3444 ext. 101
Interested in running this workshop privately in your organization? Click Here
Are you interested in learning more about ISO 55000? Check out our ISO 55000 Individual Certification Workshop ISO 55000 Professional Certification, offered as a public or private course!
Are you interested in the Maintenance Parts Excellence deep-dive Course?