Getting Started on Your Asset Management Journey
Run a Private Workshop at Your Location or
Choose a New Public Workshop or Exam Offering:
Calgary, ON, October 2019 (email or call to hold your spot)
If you are interested in private workshops at your location, send us an email and we will reach back ASAP.
The 3-day IAM Certificate training workshop provides an intensive coverage of the principles and practice of Asset Management. The content is aligned to PAS 55, ISO 55000 and to the Institute of Asset Management’s (IAM) Competences Framework, with a view to preparing students to pass the IAM Certificate Principles of Asset Management examination. The integration of asset whole life cycle management, linked to the broader business vision and strategy of the organization is stressed throughout.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Contribute to generation and implementation of AM policy, strategy, objectives, and plans.
- Participate in asset-related risk identification, analysis, and management processes and contingency planning.
- Understand the asset life-cycle and the role of appropriate tools to optimize the performance, risk, and cost of assets.
- Identify the information and performance measures needed for effective asset management, and evaluate the effectiveness of asset information systems.
- Understand the financial implications of asset and asset management decisions for the organization, and translate technical issues into business implications.
Participants will also be equipped to take and pass The IAM Certification Examination, which is offered at the end of the workshop.
The workshop is delivered through three days of interactive classroom teaching, including reinforcing exercises and tests, supported by workplace assignments and directed reading.
The workshop covers the 5 modules of the IAM Certificate in Asset Management qualification:
- Module 1 – The Principles of Asset Management
- Module 2 – Asset Management Policy, Strategy, Planning
- Module 3 – Managing Asset Life-cycle Decisions and Activities
- Module 4 – Assessing and Managing Asset Management Risks
- Module 5 – The Financial and Business Impact of Asset Management
The workshop aligns to PAS 55 and ISO 55000 as well as the IAM’s competency framework, with a view to preparing students to pass the IAM Certificate in Asset Management examination. It also provides a well-rounded competency development and assurance stage for those who already have practical experience, or specialist knowledge, and are now seeking a more comprehensive understanding.
- What is asset management?
- Organizational context & stakeholder needs
- Planning and alignment
- Managing over the asset life cycle
- Managing over the asset life-cycle, continued
- Implementing AM plans
- Risk management
- Value and risk-informed decision making
- Asset information
- Leadership, structure and change management
- Performance management and continual improvement
- Providing assurance of good asset management
- Attendees may choose to sit for the IAM Exam which can be scheduled at any time at a Pearson Vue testing facility
Participants will develop a business-centered appreciation of Asset Management and will be better able to influence decisions which have AM implications. Additionally, the course is deliberately cross-disciplinary and should help to foster effective team-working and break down disciplinary silos. Finally, participants will be equipped to take and pass The IAM Certification Examination.
The two-hour IAM Certificate exam is offered at any Pearson Vue exam venue. You must be a member of the IAM to qualify for the exam and register ahead of time. Additional cost will be assessed by the IAM to purchase a voucher to sit for the IAM Certificate exam. The exam vouchers can be purchased at registration if you choose. You will schedule a time to sit for the exam at your convenience.
Who should attend?
The course is applicable to experienced engineers and asset management professionals, and all asset stakeholders.
Meet the Instructors
Workshop Pricing & Details:
Public Workshop Pricing: Pricing includes the 3-day workshop, coffee, and refreshments throughout the day and a full lunch each day. IAM Certificate Exam is available at any Pearson Vue Exam Location. Vouchers to take the exam must be purchased in advance and this can be done at workshop registration. . As an IAM currently charges $325 for a voucher to sit for the exam.
- 1 student: $1,995.
- 2+ students: $1,795. each*
- IAM Certificate Exam: $325 (reflects new pricing from the IAM)
*Discount applies for students from the same company
Private Workshop Pricing: Private training can be offered at considerable discounts from public training, and the messaging can be tailored toward your specific needs or requirements. Call us today to discuss this option.
- Tell us you’re interested in getting IAM certified and send us an email.
- Please call our office for information: (917) 554-3444 ext. 101
Interested in running this workshop privately in your organization? Click Here
Interested in developing your SAMP (Strategic Asset Management Plan)?– Go2Learn and TWPL have collaborated to offer a comprehensive opportunity to take your asset management ideas to a comprehensive plan. Email us for more information about running a workshop focused on your SAMP.
Interested in learning more about ISO 55000? Check out our dedicated ISO 55000 In-depth Workshop, offered as a public or private course!
Interested in learning more about asset management? Join us at The Asset Management Ecosystem conference next year.
Interested in Maintenance Parts Excellence deep-dive Course?