In-person or Virtual
SAP Maintenance Plans is a very complex area of functionality within Enterprise Asset Management. Often times preventive maintenance programs are created in a hurry without a complete understanding of the elements of the SAP tool. This workshop will step through maintenance plans and provide an intermediate to expert level of understanding of the functionality. Also covered in this workshop is the business process related to preventive maintenance which will be covered in parallel with master data system settings and transactional activities.
- Simplify the concept of maintenance plans
- Match business process with SAP maintenance plans functionality
- Create a framework for what maintenance plan master data needs to look like
- Understand the:
- Different types of maintenance plans and their uses
- Measuring point integration to maintenance plans
- Different maintenance plan scheduling and re-scheduling
The workshop is delivered through 2-days of interactive classroom education, including reinforcing and interactive exercises.
- Topic 1: Introduction and Intent
- Topic 2: How SAP Works – an Overview
- Topic 3: Maintenance Plans Master Data
- Topic 4: Business Process Overview
- Topic 5: Preventive Maintenance Master Data
- Topic 6: Preventive Maintenance Plans
- Topic 7: Scheduling Maintenance Plans
- Topic 8: Scheduling Management Tools
- Topic 9: Reporting
- Topic 10: Innovation in Maintenance Plans
- Topic 11: Summary and Close
As a result of the workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand the maintenance plan data
- Outline the business processes for preventive/predictive maintenance at your organization
- Define common business language terms and phrases that relate to maintenance activities
- Generate and assign task lists in SAP
- Create and maintain maintenance plans, items, strategies, and packages in SAP
- Describe the scheduling rules and cycles that may be established for equipment
- Explain the function of measuring points for preventive/predictive maintenance
- Manage maintenance plan scheduling using scheduling tools
- Execute reports relevant to preventive/predictive maintenance activities
Who should attend?
Attendees should have the following responsibilities:
- Your responsibilities include the creation, management, and maintenance of Preventive Maintenance Plans, Task Lists, and Measurement Points
- You have responsibilities for the management of Preventive Maintenance Orders
- You have responsibilities for the SAP PM module
- You have responsibilities for the scheduling of Preventive Maintenance Orders
Meet the Instructor
Norm Poynter – NLAS Possibilities and Asset Management Advocates
Connect: LinkedIn Twitter: @normpoynter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Norm Poynter has been in management consulting with a specialization in SAP plant maintenance and integration for the past fourteen years. He has been involved in a variety of projects including system and continuous improvement implementations, best practices, plant turnarounds, re-engineering, process improvements, and process safety development and implementation.
Norm has held management, technical, and functional roles with companies including Agrium, NOVA Chemicals, DuPont, Canexus, Nexen Inc., Marathon Oil, and Suncor. Today, Norm focuses on the integration of systems across landscapes to form knowledge execution management systems, asset information management systems, and sustainable groups of core corporate competencies and subject matter (communities of practice). This approach is used to enable standardization, consistency, and productivity through better use of grassroots technologies like SAP.
Workshop Pricing & Details:
Private Workshop Pricing: This workshop is customized to your requirements and is priced for groups of up to 30 attendees. Call us today to discuss the options, pricing, and details.
- If you are interested in private workshops at your location, send us an email
- Please call our office for information: (917) 554-3444 ext. 101
Interested in learning more about asset management? Join us at The Asset Management Ecosystem conference next year.
Interested in Maintenance Parts Excellence deep-dive Course?